This is my blog, I do what I want.
My ask button is at the bottom of the page. Please don't be shy!
I’ve started taking yoga 3x a week (as opposed to once a week for the last few years) and I’ve noticed a difference in my abilities as a yogi as well as a difference in myself (introspectively speaking).
Everything in my life has really started to balance out.
- This time last year I graduated from college. I have since started a big girl job, started saving money to buy a house (holy shit.), and updated my resume to hopefully be promoted from contract employee to full time employee when I reach the one year mark with my company. Talk about stability…
- In May, Eddie and I went from long distance to 11 minutes away from each other. I was terrified we’d have a hard time finding the right balance between seeing each other, seeing our friends, and having time to ourselves. But it’s panned out amazingly. I see and make time for my friends and myself and I still see him all the time. It’ll get even easier - I think - if we move in together (HOLY SHIT.).
- I’ve gotten closer to many of my friends. Our lives are sort of starting to meld to where we’re all going through similar things in life, in our relationships, etc and we have so much to talk to each other about and so much in common and we all still get along and we’re all still individuals.
- I’ve gotten really close to some extended family members this year. It feels so good to be part of someone’s life who means so much to you not just as a friend but as family.
- And also, on a less serious note, I found a dress for Eddie’s fancy work holiday party. It fits me perfectly, it’s sexy, sparkly, and professional, and it cost me $12. If you honestly think the stars didn’t align for that one you should just unfollow me now.
For some reason, things always seem to come together during the holidays. Even though life gets busy, everyone around me seems so happy and full of life. I’m hoping that my Christmas spirit will continue to sky rocket this week (despite the 70 degree weather, wtf North Carolina?) after we get a Christmas tree, watch The Polar Express, and I finally start working on my friend’s presents this week.
‘Tis the season.
I’ve blogged like… nothing lately.
My life in a snapshot:
- Work is taking over, basically. I stayed a little late last night to get some extra work done. I’ll be in early tomorrow to get some extra work done. All around, I’m really busy.
- I go on vacation next week :) for a full week. With dad, mom, brother, cousin, and boyfriend. SO. EXCITED.
- But that basically means I need to really get ahead at work. See first bullet.
- So if I’m going to the beach for a week, you know what else that means? I’ve been eating like a saint and working out like crazy and will continue to do so until Sunday. No one wants to be anything other than the best looking girl in the ocean, obviously.
- Been spending lots of time with the roommate. It’s lovely :)
- Finally put my feathers in my hair. They look really rad and I really like them.
- Oh, and back to work related stuff, I have 9 DAYS LEFT of work this summer. 9 days. Where the hell has all the time gone?
- My friends have started moving back/away. Some leases are ending, some are starting, and people are leaving and coming back into my life left and right. Its a little bit emotionally draining but I can handle it because I’m a big girl.
- I’ve been looking for boxes of wine to go on sale. I know I’m going to drink every day next weekend (it’s vacation, duh) and need to stock up. Let me know if you know any good deals going on in the Raleigh area ;)
- Soccer season is over. Such a bummer. I’m going to miss it.
- Fall soccer season starts soon and I’m going to sign up for it!! So excited.
- I’m trying really hard to save some of the money I’ve made this summer. REALLY hard, but not hard enough.
Am I boring you? Other than all that I’ve been reading a lot, getting a lot of sleep, and waking up unfortunately early on the weekends because I’m so used to my work schedule.
Siggghhhh. As ready as I am for Wolfpack Football Season and my little brother to join me at NC State and Fall and all my friends to be around again, I’m not ready for it to be my final semester as an undergraduate. I’m not ready to move home in December.