This is my blog, I do what I want.
My ask button is at the bottom of the page. Please don't be shy!
I’ve blogged like… nothing lately.
My life in a snapshot:
- Work is taking over, basically. I stayed a little late last night to get some extra work done. I’ll be in early tomorrow to get some extra work done. All around, I’m really busy.
- I go on vacation next week :) for a full week. With dad, mom, brother, cousin, and boyfriend. SO. EXCITED.
- But that basically means I need to really get ahead at work. See first bullet.
- So if I’m going to the beach for a week, you know what else that means? I’ve been eating like a saint and working out like crazy and will continue to do so until Sunday. No one wants to be anything other than the best looking girl in the ocean, obviously.
- Been spending lots of time with the roommate. It’s lovely :)
- Finally put my feathers in my hair. They look really rad and I really like them.
- Oh, and back to work related stuff, I have 9 DAYS LEFT of work this summer. 9 days. Where the hell has all the time gone?
- My friends have started moving back/away. Some leases are ending, some are starting, and people are leaving and coming back into my life left and right. Its a little bit emotionally draining but I can handle it because I’m a big girl.
- I’ve been looking for boxes of wine to go on sale. I know I’m going to drink every day next weekend (it’s vacation, duh) and need to stock up. Let me know if you know any good deals going on in the Raleigh area ;)
- Soccer season is over. Such a bummer. I’m going to miss it.
- Fall soccer season starts soon and I’m going to sign up for it!! So excited.
- I’m trying really hard to save some of the money I’ve made this summer. REALLY hard, but not hard enough.
Am I boring you? Other than all that I’ve been reading a lot, getting a lot of sleep, and waking up unfortunately early on the weekends because I’m so used to my work schedule.
Siggghhhh. As ready as I am for Wolfpack Football Season and my little brother to join me at NC State and Fall and all my friends to be around again, I’m not ready for it to be my final semester as an undergraduate. I’m not ready to move home in December.
Borderline goofy, even. No real reason. My boyfriend is in town, I had a girls night with my roommates last night, I’m hanging out with my parents and boyfriend tonight. For North Carolina, the weather isn’t too bad today, either. It’s not TOO unbearably hot.
I don’t know.
Life is good.
I try to be really thankful for days like today. I love them, it’s days like today that make life worth living. Days like today I feel like I’m living life to the fullest.
Cheers everyone, and happy summer.
So just for future reference, I should warn all of you that you should not expect much blogging from me over the weekends. I tend to post several posts per day, but when the weekend rolls around, I’m rarely near a computer…
Or any technology, for that matter, other than about 65% of the time I have my cell phone. (Which, by the way, is NOT a smart phone, and has internet capability that I refuse to pay for)
So I’ll give you a little recap of this past weekend…
I went to N. Myrtle with boyfriend and his family after a night of drinking for one of my bests friends birthdays on Friday night.
Just to throw it out there, I haven’t been drinking much lately because I’m watching my figure and working 40hr weeks.
So needless to say, Friday was a fun night of drinking with friends and the weekend at the beach was blissful.
It was black biker weekend. That was interesting. Half-naked voluptuous women on the back of crotch rockets with their butts at about shoulder height was the highlight of my trip.
Slightly different than all the redneck bikers with half-naked women on the back of their bikes exposing their sagging boobs.
Hm… sounds like Myrtle beach isn’t really my kind of place, doesn’t it? You guess correctly.
But still, spending time in the sun with my boyfriend was great and I love the beach so nothing about a weekend at the beach can get me down.
Anyways, it’s so nice to know that this week is a short work week and I know it will be Friday before I can even blink an eye. Because I’m finally well enough to return to the gym and my work outs, I get to sign up for a summer gym membership at NC State’s gym tonight or tomorrow and take a few yoga classes from a Living Social deal that I bought a while back.
Yay summer :)
I managed to make it to my dentist appointment this morning at 8am and still get to work by 9 to work a full 8 hour day. So today I’ve already worked all morning AND been to the dentist which seems crazy to me. I feel like I’ve been up since dawn.
Oh wait… I have…
And my numbness is finally wearing off.
And guess what…..?
TODAY’S MY FIRST PAYDAY OF THE SUMMER, BITCHESSSSSSSSS
So now what do I spend it on?? Just kidding!
I love having time to read whatever books I want to. I don’t have any school reading, and therefore I burn through the list that I compile throughout the school year (because I don’t have the energy to read them at the time). I don’t care if it’s nerdy that I love to read, but I feel like it keeps me thinking, intrigued, engaged, current, and I think it makes me worldly, interesting, and seem smart. Plus, as much as I love watching TV, sometimes it makes me feel like a dumb American. So if I spend the evening on the deck reading, I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time and it’s so relaxing to unwind after a long day at work.
So far this summer I’ve read:
Water for Elephants - re-read it because I loved it so much and I’m planning to see the movie soon.
Memoirs of a Geisha - which has been on my to-read list FOREVER. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read. It’s easy and very interesting.
Middlesex - I started it, and quit it because I don’t think you should ever force yourself to read if you don’t enjoy it.
And I just started The Glass Castle and I already love it. I’m not normally a biography person, but she’s fascinating and I can’t stop reading.
Up next: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and The Memory Keeper’s Daughter (which I think I’ve already read, but I’ll start it and see!)
So after missing 2 full days of work due to my unknown summer cold, I’m back in action. I spent the weekend sleeping and lounging and reading at the beach with my family and some family friends. What probably would have been far too rowdy of a weekend for me, turned into a weekend of rest, relaxation, and recovery.
Momma always said, there’s nothing a little sunshine and salt water can’t fix.
I love the beach.
Why didn’t I give myself a few more days off after a really stressful exam schedule??
Exams are finally over.
The Anatomy exam I took this morning was something completely unexpected. I’ll be lucky to have gotten 50 points right on the 150 point exam.
But it’s over. It’s all over. Over over over.
It only seems fitting that I eat whatever I want today, do my laundry, clean my room, have a few beers, and see Water for Elephants with some friends in honor of Robert Pattinson’s birthday.
Cheers! And happy summer!
Health exam 8am Gym Shower Psychology study guide Angela’s graduation party Study Sleep Psychology exam Gym Shower
- Study for Anatomy exam
- Yoga 730pm
- Anatomy exam
Yes, that is a very long list. Yes, it does frustrate me. Yes, I do want it to be summer. NOW.